Statement of Faith
1. The inerrancy of all Scripture
2. The incarnation of the eternal Son of God, Jesus Christ, who came in the flesh through the virgin birth, led a sinless life, was crucified, dead and buried. He resurrected on the third day in bodily form and ascended into heaven.
3. The Holy Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit: Separate, yet equal in perfect unity
4. Salvation through faith in Jesus alone demonstrated by repentance.
5. The believer has received the Holy Spirit as a pledge of redemption who empowers them to live according to the Scriptures.
6. The subsequent baptism of the Holy Spirit is active today, and all can receive the gifts of the spirit for signs, wonders and miracles.
7. The future bodily resurrection of all men and subsequent judgement.
8. Water Baptism is the first act of obedience after receiving the gift of salvation. Water baptism is done
In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and by full immersion.
9. Holy Communion (a.k.a. The Lord’s Supper) is represented by the cup and bread, symbolizing Jesus’ broken body and shed blood for our redemption.
10. Statement of Marriage: We believe that because God our Creator established marriage as a sacred institution between one man and one woman, the idea that marriage is a covenant only between one man and one woman has been the traditional definition of marriage for all of human history (“Traditional Definition of Marriage”). Because of the longstanding importance of the Traditional Definition of Marriage to humans and their relationships and communities, and, most importantly, the fact that God has ordained that marriage be between one man and one woman, as clearly conveyed in God’s inerrant Scriptures, including for example in Matthew 19:4-6 where in speaking about marriage Jesus referred to the fact that “he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,” the Church hereby creates this policy, which shall be known as the “Marriage Policy.” Under this Church’s Marriage Policy, the Traditional Definition of Marriage is the only definition of marriage that will be recognized or accepted. No trustee, elder, officer, employee, servant, agent, or any person, corporation, organization, or entity under the direction or control of this Church shall commit any act or omission, or make any decision whatever, that would be inconsistent with, or that could be perceived by any person to be inconsistent with, full support of this Church’s Marriage Policy and strict adherence to the Traditional Definition of Marriage rather than any alternative to the Traditional Definition of Marriage. This Church’s Marriage Policy specifically prohibits acts or omissions including but not limited to permitting any Church assets or property, whether real property, personal property, intangible property, or any property or asset of any kind that is subject to the direction or control of the Church, to be used in any manner that would be or could be perceived by any person to be inconsistent with this Church’s Marriage Policy or the Traditional Definition of Marriage, including but not limited to permitting any church facilities to be used by any person, organization, corporation, or group that would or might use such facilities to convey, intentionally or by implication, what might be perceived as a favorable impression about any definition of marriage other than the Traditional Definition of Marriage. We believe this Church’s Marriage Policy is based upon God’s will for human life as conveyed to us through the Holy Scriptures, upon which this Church has been founded and anchored, and this Marriage Policy shall not be subject to change through popular vote; referendum; prevailing opinion of members or the general public; influence of or interpretation by any government authority, agency, or official action; or legal developments on the local, state, or federal level.